Programs & Services
Programs & Services at the Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre:
Services For Seniors & Adults With A Physical Disability
The Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre (EORC) is committed to supporting older adults and adults with a physical disability live independent, active and meaningful lives.
Our goal is to help individuals stay in their own homes as long as they so choose by connecting clients with the care and services they need.
Resource & Referral Program
Not sure where to turn for help?
Feeling lost in the “system” ?
Lack food or help with an emergency?
Need to talk to someone to be able to cope with stress, violence, loss ... ?
The Intake team can work with you and help you open doors to resources that include food, housing, clothing, social Issues, understanding social services, budgeting, advocacy and more ...Read more
Child & Youth Services
Serving children and youth aged 6-21 in the city of Ottawa, Gloucester catchment’s area. Services are available to family members as well.
Early Years Centre
Parents, caregivers and children aged 0 to 6 years old come together to share playtime including circle time and a snack.
The goal of community development is to improve quality of life, create mutual benefit and shared responsibility among community members. Community Development aims to strengthen communities by working towards social justice, poverty reduction, food access and advocacy.Read more
Partner Services - onsite:
Addictions and Problem Gambling Services of Ottawa:
In partnership with Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
The Problem Gambling Programme offers initial consultation, crisis intervention, telephone support, treatment planning, relapse prevention, individual and/or couples therapy to people concerned about gambling issues. Services are also available for family members and/or significant others.
The service uses a diverse range of therapeutic techniques. Services available in English or French. For more information, please call 613-789-1500.
In partnership with the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
The First Words Preschool Speech and Language Program of Ottawa is a program that focuses on the prevention, early identification and treatment of speech and language problems in young children (age 0 until they become eligible for senior kindergarten). First Words is a program that provides information about.
- How babies and young children learn to talk.
- What parents can do to help their children learn.
- Where parents can get advice if they think their child may have a speech and language problem.
If you think your baby or child is not learning to talk well, call the Parent-Child Info Line at 613-580-6744 or visit the First Words web site.
In partnership with Action Housing
Action Housing is a bilingual non-profit organization specializing in housing. At Action-Housing you can:
Services for tenants
- Search the local newspapers and database for available housing
- Meet with a caseworker who can assist you in your housing search on the private market
- Meet a caseworker who can help you apply for subsidized housing
- A caseworker can also help you solve your housing problems such as: eviction, maintenance, illegal rent increase, discrimination
- Get information on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant or a prospect tenant
- Provide help to access emergency shelters
Services for landlords
- Advertise vacant units at no charge on our Web site
- Get information on your rights and responsibilities
For more information, please call 613-562-8219 or visit the Action Housing web site.
Settlement & Integration:
For more information about Settlement and Integration Services visit the OCISO web site.
Youth Services Bureau:
For more information about Youth Services Bureau visit the YSB web site.